Invented during the mid-1960s, window tinting films are a micro thin layer of polyester, with a durable clear scratch-resistant coating, applied to clear or tinted glass. It provides a retrofit solution to many glass related problems such as excessive heat build-up, harsh glare, UV damage and also providing safety, security and privacy.
We use professional-quality films, with an installation guarantee and 5-year waranty to provide a long-lasting, maintenance-free approach for heat and shade protection…. oh, and amazing looks too!
Why should I get my windows tinted?
Professionally installed window tinting films improve many aspects of your vehicle…
Our automotive window films filter up to 65% of the sun’s heat, reducing interior vehicle temperature. Long journeys are more enjoyable – when parked up your vehicle will stay cool for longer. You can also save a decent amount on air conditioning / fuel costs.
LESS GLARE & DRIVER FATIGUE
Window tinting reduces up to 95% of unwanted glare within the vehicle’s interior and helps takes the strain out of driving. Sun strips on the front windscreen should also be considered, especially in the winter to spring months, whilst the sun is low on the horizon.
UV RAY PROTECTION
Automotive window films screen out up to 99 % of the sun’s invisible UV radiation, a principal cause of skin cancer and premature skin aging.
REDUCE INTERIOR FADING
Solar heat and UV rays can cause interior plastic trim to crack and fading of upholstery / carpeting. Using window tints helps keep your vehicle looking like new.
Window film choices
We use only the best quality professional films with a 5 year Guarantee.
LIGHT TINT – 35% VLT (shades 65%)
For a very subtle look.
- Allows 35% of light to pass through.
- Once fitted you can ‘just’ see through the vehicle creating a subtle classy look.
- Often used on classic cars for a very stylish subtle look, not too over the top.
- Yes this will still make your front windows totally illegal if applied.
MEDIUM FACTORY TINT – 20% VLT (shades 80%)
The best option for most vehicles. You can just about see silhouettes through the film and doesn’t give too much of a contrast against the ‘clear’ front doors.
- Allows 20% of light to pass through.
- Improved viewing for TV / back seat screens.
- Requested by dealerships for a factory finish to match standard manufactured privacy glass.
- Most popular choice by far.
LIMO BLACK – 5% VLT (shades 95%)
This is an extreme black out tint, recommended for maximum privacy.
- Allows 5% of light to pass through, your kids can still see out, but people cannot see in.
- Best viewing for TV / back seat screens or laptops and ipads.
- Used on commercial vehicles (vans & trucks) to help stop tool theft, etc.
- Will reduce your ability to see behind at night plus increase parking difficulty at night.
- Maximum heat rejection if traveling to hotter parts of Europe up to 50% Solar Energy reduction.
A standard tint job covers all windows behind the drivers seat. We also offer a clear UV / smash protection film that can legally be fitted on to the front windows. View our Protection & Safety page to learn more.